Current MHCC Job Openings
MHCC PROGRAM MANAGER
LOCATION: Maryland Health Care Commission
4160 Patterson Ave
Baltimore, MD 21215
NATURE OF WORK:
The Maryland Health Care Commission (Commission) is an independent State agency responsible for planning for health system needs and promoting informed decision-making by providing timely and accurate information on availability, cost and quality of health care services to policymakers, purchasers, providers and the public. The Commission is seeking to fill a Program Manager position within its Center for Health Information Technology & Innovative Care Delivery (Center).
The Center is responsible for advancing the implementation of health information technology (electronic health records, health information exchange, telehealth, mobile health, and electronic data interchange), and practice transformation to shift the focus from quantity of care delivered to improved health outcomes and coordinated care delivery. The Center seeks an enthusiastic professional able to thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, results-driven organization. This individual guides the evolution of health information technology and innovative care delivery initiatives using creative and well developed interpersonal skills. A strong understanding of health information technology and practice transformation best practices is required. This individual collaborates with various technical, clinical, and operations staff in developing initiatives based on existing knowledge, skills, and experience. The position requires project leader skills and the ability to work as a team member with interdisciplinary teams. This individual must have experience managing multiple projects and experience in leading on-time completion of projects. Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to build productive relationships across stakeholders is required. Applicants are encouraged to visit the Maryland Health Care Commission’s website to learn more about initiatives of the Center: http://mhcc.maryland.gov/mhcc/pages/hit/hit/hit.aspx and http://mhcc.maryland.gov/mhcc/pages/apc/apc/apc.aspx.
The Program Manager provides a wide range of duties in the development and implementation of policies, programs and activities in support of the Center goals. Key responsibilities for position include:
- Writing, editing, and modifying Center documents, such as policy/legislative reports, procedure guides/manuals, presentations, and information briefs;
- Assisting with research, program development, and completion of multiple special projects in support of requests from regulatory agencies, contracted agencies, or other external organizations; including timeline development and maintenance, and coordinating activities;
- Serving as staff to stakeholder workgroups facilitated by the Center;
- Reviewing policy reports, federal and state laws, industry publications, and other related information on health IT and practice transformation activities nationally; and
- Participating in health care related events throughout the State and making stakeholders presentations.
Additional responsibilities of the Program Manager in project management include:
- Managing regulatory programs and monitoring regulatory compliance;
- Assisting with development of procurement requests, evaluating proposals, and contract monitoring; and
- Assisting in the development of policies and in drafting regulations.
The position requires the individual to have a strong interest in analysis and policy aimed at maximizing value in health care delivery through better health outcomes and lower costs. The ideal candidate must have the following skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- The ability to work with moderate supervision, both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent writing capabilities and the ability to present complex information concisely to a variety of audiences with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Demonstrated ability to meet established deadlines and work in a deadline driven Center;
- Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Some knowledge of statistics and software, SAS preferred;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and have advance knowledge in Excel and Access; and
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers, and customers.
Ideal candidates for the Program Management position must also have the following skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of processes and systems to develop and deliver recommendations for consideration by senior management;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings and/or workshops with diverse community audiences using popular education and participatory decision-making techniques; and
- Familiarity with health care policy, particularly as it relates to health information technology and practice transformation.
Candidate may be asked to demonstrate certain skills through an assessment administered by the Commission. Individuals selected for an interview are expected to familiarize themselves with Center initiative listed on the website. Applicants that are selected for an interview must demonstrate knowledge of the Center’s initiatives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: Requires a Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience evaluating, analyzing, researching and developing health care services, policies and programs. A Master’s degree in Health Sciences, Health Care Administration, Public Health, Public policy or closely related field will substitute for one year of the required experience. A Ph.D in Health Sciences, Health Care Administration, Public Health, Public Policy or closely related filed may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
SALARY: Salary Range $64,351 - $102,898
BENEFITS:Full State benefits/leave package
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume referencing PIN 078798 by no later than February 9, 2017 for fullest consideration to:
An Equal Opportunity Employer