View and download two easy to use checklists to help you identify fall and potential safety hazards that might be present in your home.
Home Safety Checklist
Click the following link to view and download a checklist
A Housing Safety Checklist for Older Adults was developed by the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service. You can find the checklist
Safety Improvements in Your Home
There are many easy and inexpensive improvements you can make to improve your safety such as grab bars in bathrooms, handrails on both sides of stairways, and portable shower seats. The list below shows the most often used home alterations.
Throughout the house:
- Handrails on both sides of stairways inside and outside your home
- Widen doorways to accommodate wheelchairs or walkers
- Ramps for those using wheelchairs and walkers
- Easy-open levered doorknobs
- Remove throw rugs and scatter rugs or place non-slip padding underneath
Bathrooms and Kitchens:
- Easy on/off levered faucets in kitchen and bathroom sinks
- Grab bars in the bathrooms and the showers
- Level thresholds into showers
- Moveable shower heads
- Portable shower seats
The National Association of Home Builders has a checklist of safety improvements you can make to your home:
Read recent activity regarding LTC
Go to Services Search
If you want to search the website for specific services click the link below.